GREGg T. GOTTGETREU
Gregg T. Gottgetreu is Herrig & Vogt, LLP’s senior construction
analyst. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1971. After graduation, he
worked for 15 years at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company, an international
engineering and construction contractor involved in the municipal, energy,
petroleum, and petrochemical industries.
Mr. Gottgetreu’s work experience with Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
and its affiliates throughout the United States includes nine years as
a contracting engineer and project manager, two years as a project planner,
two years as a general foreman, and time as an inspector, a welder, a
machinist, a draftsman and a design engineer. He has been responsible
for construction planning, scheduling, estimating, negotiation, and administration
of many large and complex projects including a hydroelectric generating
station in Yuma, Arizona, a radioactive materials examination facility
in Hanford, Washington, an alumina import terminal in Portland, Oregon,
structural work at Washington Power Supply System Nuclear Plants 3 and
5 in southwest Washington state, and structures for municipal storage
and wastewater treatment plant expansions throughout the mid-western and
western United States.
To effectively manage these multi-disciplined projects, Mr. Gottgetreu
specialized in subcontractor bid packaging, evaluation, and coordination,
as well as prime contract negotiation, administration, and settlement
of change orders, claims, termination, scheduling, and delay issues. Through
repeated reviews and negotiations, he has become very familiar with most
contracting formats and procedures, both public and private.
Mr. Gottgetreu’s training and expertise provides Herrig & Vogt,
LLP with the ability to analyze and address the technical and administrative
aspects of construction contracts, claims, and disputes in a cost and
time-effective manner. Since 1987, Mr. Gottgetreu has prepared, analyzed,
evaluated, or defended dispute positions and issues for hundreds of construction matters.
In addition to his work as a construction analyst, Mr. Gottgetreu speaks
frequently at seminars concerning construction contract administration
and risk control, as well as critical path scheduling. He serves clients
throughout California, Washington, and the western United States out of
the Redmond, Washington office of Herrig & Vogt, LLP .
EXPERT WITNESS/CONSULTANT EXPERIENCE
- Port of Seattle, Washington: Pursuit of claim for recovery from architect
for extra costs paid to a contractor on the Seattle Tacoma Airport Concourse
D terminal expansion.
- City of Pasco, Washington: Analysis and defense of contractor’s claim
for extra costs constructing a sewer line and reconstructing a street.
- City of Edmonds, Washington: Analysis and defense of contractor’s
claims for extra costs and delays incurred building a new city hall, police
facility, and fire station complex.
- City of Redmond, Washington: Analysis and defense of contractor’s
claims for added costs and delay damages incurred widening and reconstructing
- Active Construction/City of Lacey, Washington, Ruddell Road Reconstruction:
Preparation and presentation of contractor’s claims for extra costs
and a schedule analysis demonstrating delays.
- RP Richards/Vandenburg, AFB Youth Center: Preparation of general contractor’s
claims for extra costs and a schedule analysis demonstrating delays and
corresponding monetary damages.
- RP Richards/NASA Building 200 Renovation, Moffett Field, California: Preparation
of general contractor’s claims for extra costs and delays to the
- Aetna Insurance/Nevada Geothermal Plant: Analysis of contractor’s
damages incurred after fire destroyed a cooling tower.
- Aetna Insurance/Amador, California Hospital: Preparation of specialty subcontractor’s
claims for extra costs incurred because of flooring installation failure.
- St. Paul Travelers Surety/City of Phoenix Wastewater Treatment Plant: Prepare
claim of electrical contractor for contract performance period extension.
- St. Paul Travelers Surety/Plateau Electrical: Provide rebuttal analysis
to general contractor’s claims of delayed performance and loss of
labor efficiency constructing a wastewater plant.
- Viola Constructors/City of Westlake Village, California: Prepare contractor’s
claims for extra work and delays to City Hall/Library/Meeting Rooms Complex.
- Acoustech/Thousand Oaks, California, Surgical Hospital: Preparation of
subcontractor’s claims for extra costs and schedule delays.
- City of Tolleson, Arizona: Evaluate delay claims of a general contractor
expanding the capacity of a wastewater treatment plant and defend the
City against those claims.
- CH2M-HILL Constructors/City of Stockton, California, Wastewater Treatment
Plant: Defend delay and extra work claims presented by civil work subcontractor.
- Lloyds of London Insurance Consortium/Elmendorf AFB Alaska: Analysis of
costs and expenses incurred completing remedial efforts on two military hangars.
- Herrick Steel Corporation – San Diego Airport; Evaluation of structural
- Karcher Construction – Chula Vista Post Office; Preparation of ACM
- Placer County – Locksley Lane Road Improvements; Analysis of contractor’s claims
- Reno Iron Works – Lake Tahoe Residence; Preparation of contractor’s claims
- Gaston & Associates – US Air Force; Eielson AFB Maintenance Hangar
- ESSCO Electric – Kennewick High School; Preparation of claims for
- Zander Filter – Southern California Edison; Prepare and present claims
for changed work
- Peerless Insurance – Personal Injury suit; Analysis of mechanical
- RP Richards – UCLA Dormitory Housing; Prepare and present claims
for changed work
- Emery-Emery – City of Othello; Prepare and present claims for housing project
- RP Richards – Gilroy Wastewater Treatment Plant; Prepare claims for
- Paradigm Construction – San Mateo Jail; Prepare claims against defaulted
- Adtechs – US Department of Energy; Prepare claim for nuclear waste
- K. Kaser Const – City of Walla Walla; Prepare loss of efficiency
claim for sewer line job
- RP Richards – Oxnard School District; Prepare claims for Robert J.
- NVE Constructors – State of California; Prepare claim for Chuckawalla
- Alpha Development – Orting Housing tract; Prepare differing site
- Herrick Steel Corporation – Los Angeles Federal Courthouse; Prepare
- Matrix/VECO – US Department of Defense; North Warning System delay claim
- RP Richards – UC Davis Tower II Hospital; Prepare claims for extra
work and delays
- Los Angeles MTA – Morrison Knudsen; Defend claim for subway tunnel rail line
- Envirocon – Transystems; Defend trucking company claims for smelter cleanup
- RP Richards – UC Davis Ambulatory Care Clinic; Prepare claims for
- Gilbert H. Moen – Seattle Museum of Flight; Defend claims of structural
- P&L Electric – Fedcon Construction; Prepare claim for Moffett
Field building remodel
- Viola Constructors – Canejo Valley School District; Prepare unit
price claim for changes
- Amelco Industries – General Construction; Prepare claims on US Navy
- Plateau Electrical – Atkinson/Dillingham/Lane; Prepare claim on Olmsted
- Scott and Sons Electrical – Austin Co.; Prepare claim on UCSB Engineering Sciences
- Amelco Electric SF – County of San Francisco; Prepare claim on Moscone
- Collins Electrical – McCarthy Builders; Prepare claim on UC Davis
- HBK-DBM, jv – Sacramento MUD; Prepare claim for electrical substation
- RP Richards – County of Kern; Prepare and present claim for Administration Building
- NVE Constructors – City of Modesto; Prepare claims for Community
- Williams & Abbott – University of Washington; Prepare claim on
indoor tennis facility
- Gilbert H. Moen – State of Washington; Renton Vocational Technical
- Morrison Construction – Raytheon; Prepare claim for Chemical Weapons
- RP Richards – Tri-Technic; Prepare claim for Amgen Pharmaceutical plant
- TD Williamson, Inc. – City of Sacramento; Arden Force Main Hot Tap/Bypass project