Construction Expertise and Analysis
Gregg T. Gottgetreu is the Senior Construction Analyst at Herrig & Vogt, LLP. and recognized as a leader in the industry.
After earning his Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1971, Mr. Gottgetreu served as an international engineering and construction contractor at the Chicago Bridge & Iron Company for 15 years. He was specifically involved in the municipal, energy, petroleum, and petrochemical industries. His work experience also includes nine years of service as a contracting engineer and project manager, two years as a project planner, two years as a general foreman, and as an inspector, a welder, a machinist, a draftsman and a design engineer.
Mr. Gottgetreu has worked on many aspects of several large and complex projects, specifically in the completion of construction planning, scheduling, estimating, and negotiation, such as the hydroelectric generating station in Yuma, Arizona, a radioactive materials examination facility in Hanford, Washington, an alumina import terminal in Portland, Oregon, structural work at Washington Power Supply System Nuclear Plants 3 and 5 in southwest Washington state, and structures for municipal storage and wastewater treatment plant expansions throughout the mid-western and western United States.
To effectively manage these multi-disciplined projects, Mr. Gottgetreu specialized in subcontractor bid packaging, evaluation, and coordination, prime contract negotiation, administration, settlement of change orders, claims, termination, scheduling, and delay issues.
Due to this vast experience, Mr. Gottgetreu became very familiar with most contracting formats and procedures, in both the public and private sectors. His extensive training and expertise allow him to analyze and address the technical and administrative aspects of construction contracts, claims, and disputes in an efficient manner, saving time and money.
Since 1987, Mr. Gottgetreu has prepared, analyzed, evaluated, or defended dispute positions and issues for hundreds of complex construction matters. He is often called upon as an expert in the field and is asked to speak at seminars concerning construction contract administration and risk control, as well as critical path scheduling. He serves clients throughout California, Washington, and the Western United States out of the Herrig & Vogt, LLP’s Redmond, Washington office.
Expert Witness/Consultant Experience
- Port of Seattle, Washington: Pursuit of claim for recovery from architect for extra costs paid to a contractor on the Seattle Tacoma Airport Concourse D terminal expansion.
- City of Pasco, Washington: Analysis and defense of contractor’s claim for extra costs constructing a sewer line and reconstructing a street.
- City of Edmonds, Washington: Analysis and defense of contractor’s claims for extra costs and delays incurred building a new city hall, police facility, and fire station complex.
- City of Redmond, Washington: Analysis and defense of contractor’s claims for added costs and delay damages incurred widening and reconstructing a parkway.
- Active Construction/City of Lacey, Washington, Ruddell Road Reconstruction: Preparation and presentation of contractor’s claims for extra costs and a schedule analysis demonstrating delays.
- RP Richards/Vandenburg, AFB Youth Center: Preparation of general contractor’s claims for extra costs and a schedule analysis demonstrating delays and corresponding monetary damages.
- RP Richards/NASA Building 200 Renovation, Moffett Field, California: Preparation of general contractor’s claims for extra costs and delays to the completion schedule.
- Aetna Insurance/Nevada Geothermal Plant: Analysis of contractor’s damages incurred after fire destroyed a cooling tower.
- Aetna Insurance/Amador, California Hospital: Preparation of specialty subcontractor’s claims for extra costs incurred because of flooring installation failure.
- St. Paul Travelers Surety/City of Phoenix Wastewater Treatment Plant: Prepared claim of electrical contractor for contract performance period extension.
- St. Paul Travelers Surety/Plateau Electrical: Provided rebuttal analysis to general contractor’s claims of delayed performance and loss of labor efficiency constructing a wastewater plant.
- Viola Constructors/City of Westlake Village, California: Prepared contractor’s claims for extra work and delays to City Hall/Library/Meeting Rooms Complex.
- Acoustech/Thousand Oaks, California, Surgical Hospital: Preparation of subcontractor’s claims for extra costs and schedule delays.
- City of Tolleson, Arizona: Evaluate delay claims of a general contractor expanding the capacity of a wastewater treatment plant and defend the City against those claims.
- CH2M-HILL Constructors/City of Stockton, California, Wastewater Treatment Plant: Defended delay and extra work claims presented by civil work subcontractor.
- Lloyds of London Insurance Consortium/Elmendorf AFB Alaska: Analysis of costs and expenses incurred completing remedial efforts on two military hangars.